Position Title: Operations Lead
Position Type: Full-time, salaried position with benefits
Date Posted: January 8, 2018
J Michael Consulting (JMC) is currently seeking an Operations Lead with experience in accounts payable, payroll, project tracking, business development, proposal management, account management, human resources, and other administrative areas.
J Michael Consulting, LLC (www.jmichael-consulting.com):
J Michael Consulting (JMC) provides health informatics consulting and support in four main areas: 1) Laboratory Informatics, 2) Data Standards & Interoperability, 3) Project and Program Management and 4) Surveillance Informatics. Our goal is to bring science and technology together to impact patient and population health.
Work Location / Travel:
- The work can be done remotely.
- Strong preference for candidates located in, or willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA.
- Relevant on the job experience and/or experience in health informatics. A bachelor’s degree in informatics, health information technology, or public health/business administration or related field is a plus
- Commitment to public health and the company mission
- Strong background and work experience in financial management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of government contract management and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excellent people skills, open to direction and team work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the company
- Flexible and willing to work in a small, growing business that requires team members to take on (and identify) tasks that may not be part of their formal job description
- This position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s financial and administrative functions. The Operations Lead will also work with the management team to contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. The Operations Lead will work directly with the company CEO to improve existing back office process and tools. Additionally, the Operations Lead will work with the CEO to define new processes and tools to support the growth of the business and build an infrastructure for the future.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services (HR, IT, Contracts, Business Development and Finance), through improvements to each function
- Play a significant role in long-term planning
- Oversee financial management, planning, systems and controls and provide financial reports to company leadership
- Ensure invoices are paid in a timely fashion and track project burn rates
- Manage organization of fiscal, legal and policy documents
- Conduct regular meetings with company CEO around fiscal planning and strategy
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of company’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting
- Manage day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks Online, producing reports as requested
- Reconcile monthly activity and generate year-end reports
- Manage and coordinate employee benefits and company insurance
- Ensure that accounting requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Serve as primary liaison to CEO in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, conflict of interest, intellectual property, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc.
- Manage company business development process including opportunity identification, proposal management and knowledge management
- Coordinate and plan logistics for meetings and company social events
- Coordinate oboarding process for sub-contractors and employees
- Manage and serve as administrator for all company tools / applications (e.g. QuickBooks, SmartSheet, eMail…)
- Manage the recruiting process